Do 4 year olds know how to...?


















Sorry that I haven't written in several weeks. I don't have time to say everything I want to say but I will add pictures since they say a thousand words. Since Elijah turned 4, he is always asking, "Mom, do four year olds know how to eat beans, or potatoes, or do certain things by themselves, etc?" It is hilarious! Last Friday was my last day at the school. The day was bittersweet. I have grown to love the kids but I am so grateful to be returning full time to my role as wife and mother. The experience has been wonderful but I believe I tried to bite off more than I could chew. Joshua will go this last week. He has loved it. The school campus is so beautiful. He is thriving in so many ways, even his waist is growing :). Heidi never returned to classes after the first week. She would cry and just want to be with me so we didn't push it and she became my assistant. She still made friends but wouldn't let me be far away. Joshua and Heidi are speaking a ton of Spanish and it amazes us and their accents are pretty good. Elijah and Noah are understanding more and more every day and even speaking some. My birthday was wonderful. I got beautiful pink roses. We ate the most delicious typical Guatemalan tortillas with beans and cheese, hot chocolate, and carne asada at Chichoy on the road to Atitlan. We hope to provide a more rich Spanish evirnonment for them when we return home. We went to the fair in Antigua and got caught in a rain storm. I caught Noah by the pila washing rags. I planted a square foot garden at the school with the kids. We had a movie party at the school my last day. We attended a wonderful concert by the school's orchestra and choir...and not all in that order. I hope these pictures say more than I can. We love and miss you all.

3 comments:

busymama said...

Oh we miss you all so much!!! We have thought of each of you on your special days (you have a lot all in a short period you know:)! Love the pictures and the updates, we can't believe how much Noah has grown!!!! Love you!

Amazed said...

Just got home from Washington..and couldn't wait to see all your updates! Loved all the pictures and commentary! Love you ALL!!! I'm so sorry about the mosquitoes. I wish there was time to send you this amazing product I've heard about. But I guess you'll have to COME HOME instead!!! Mom W.

Amazed said...

oh, and say hi to Oly and Oscar and Angelica!!!!!! Have they forgotten us????